Our DO statements
1. Start training English skills by simultaneous repetition of understandable lessons and drills, delivered to your mobile device. Use the application on your mobile device in the classroom and anywhere, anytime when you have
a few moments for enhancing your English skills.
2. Through simultaneous repetition of clearly-understood situations, acquire intuitive grammar and language patterns.
3. Support in your native language makes texts understandable. It is organized in a special way that eliminates cross-translation.
4. Research shows that correcting grammar or pronunciation in second languages may not be effective. Intuitive grammar and automatic speech acquired in training is the solution.
5. To speak fluently a learner needs subconscious training by practicing words that habitually appear together and thereby convey meaning by association. Active learning forms the ability to think in English.
6. When listening to the recording, the learner translates into his mother tongue; when repeating he tries to reconstruct the sentence. This pattern disrupts the learner's ability to think in English and speak automatically.
In Active Learning, we use simultaneous repetition that consists of simultaneously performing three actions – reading, listening, and speaking.
7. Learners remember about 10% of what they read and only about 20% of what they hear. Splitting the language into different components is inefficient. In Active Learning, you train all English skills concurrently.
8. Advice teachers give to learners – don’t translate into the mother tongue - is wishful thinking. Simultaneous repetition provides the tool for automatically turning off this innate habit of cross-translating in the head.
9. English beginners don't recognize English phonemes and require Special English to help them to recognize, then to imitate, and finally to produce English phonemes.
10. Flashcards and spaced repetition were successfully used for decades to consciously memorize information. English conversation skills come with subconscious training and not with conscious memorization.
Active Learning is Speaking in English before you have learned it. Each learner spends 80% of class time actively speaking in English by using our Android application. Learners simultaneously read, listen and repeat the recorded text using earphones. We acquire a language when we understand it and practice it so that speaking becomes automatic. We understand all texts because support in the native language is built-in the application.
An article about Active Learning is published here.
Our NO statements
1. No lecturing about the language.
2. No grammar explanations.
3. No translation drills.
4. No correction of errors or pronunciation.
5. No memorization of word lists.
6. No listening and then repeating.
7. No learning of separate English skills.
8. No translation into the mother tongue.
9. No "natural" English for beginners.
10. No flashcards or spaced repetition.